Tuesday 15 March 2011

My initial thoughts were to create my sculpture out of iron and aluminium.  I thought that Iron would be suitable due to its weight and strength and that these would provide a more secure structure.      I have decided that this is no longer feasible due to its expense and the fact that the elements can cause this to rust even after treatment.   Also there could be health and safety issues in relation to iron and electrics. As an alternative, I am now going to focus on fibre glass.  I am now in the process of researching the use of fibre glass for such a sculpture.  There are benefits for   using this material in that it is a strong material, smooth material and a much cheaper material than iron.  Considering the budgetary constraints in relation to this project, fibre glass will be a much more feasible material to work with.
Many different types of sculpture have been achieved using fibre glass, see some examples below:







No comments:

Post a Comment