Sunday 6 February 2011

Photo's Ideas.

These photographs show the location of the sculpture within a courtyard in Altnagelvin.  Other courtyards in this domain already contain sculptures so my work will be an addition to the well established pieces. The photographs capture the location well and allow me to think about height and scale etc.  They also show the areas from which the sculpture will be viewed, that of the wards and visitor areas.   
After taking the photographs I carried out some research into the mechanisms used to rotate  statues as I have considered the possibility of including movement within my piece.  I also looked at some videos that contained sculptures in motion including the work of Troika.  I find this a very interesting concept as it is a very visual form of design.   The Cloud design of Troika is a kinetic sculpture which is constantly on the move.  The movement creates the development of different surfaces to the visual eye and keeps the concentration of the viewer.  This work was commissioned by British Airways T5 in 2008.   (You Tube)  











Initially when I decided to do my major project in Sculpture, my father and I discussed the notion of making the sculpture move.  I felt that this would captivate the audience better than a still piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment