Wednesday 23 February 2011

Touch Me (2005-2009) by Zane Berzina

Zane Berzina wallpaper





"I am fascinated by the dermis as a material, sensor, contact organ and medium for non-verbal communications. While our lives are increasingly surrounded with artificial intelligence and digital networks I am interested in the directness of the skin - skin as an analogue system. [...] The Touch Me installation invites visitors to create visual responses through touch and metamorphoses from one state into another."

From my essay 'Re-thinking Touch' at ' Sk-interfaces ' edited by Jens Hauser. (2008)






















I particularly like this idea as it is a concept that I would like to include in my project.  I would like to use images or patterns in my sculpture that will react to heat or cold.  This will further allow individuals to interact with my piece.  I would my images to be linked to the workings of the spine, i.e. the images of the nerve endings being linked to images of what they allow to function.  

No comments:

Post a Comment